Yes, that's right. Today was a day that will forever change the rest of out lives... well maybe not, since Carolyn is not gonna be out of the diapers anytime soon.... but atleast there might be one less poppy diaper suprise for me each day :)
Lilly came to get me and instantly went potty three seperate times today. While I was suprised at this, since I never really encourage the potty that much, I realized the part that is driving her is the fact that she gets to hold toilet paper, flush it, and then wash her hands. Going to the potty takes her a minute, but the whole clean-up process is about 30 minutes... most of which is washing the hands -- she likes to play in the water :) We'll see if this becomes a constant occurance, or if it's just a phase. It would surely be interesting to have a kid potty trained, but not talking, at their 2 year appointment. But I guess that would be proof that kids just do things when they're good and ready, no matter what we do-- getting us ready for those teenage years I guess :)
No comments:
Post a Comment