Monday, August 10, 2009

My first trip to the "Homeland"...

Hey Yuns... as the Pittsburgh family says....Here is a long blog about my trip to Pittsburgh. It was filled with 3 families and 5 days of fun. Mom and Dad were impressed with my ability to see everyone with-out really any crying fits ... but then I gave it to them on the car ride home, and I'm currently still giving it to Mom on our first day back. I may be getting a tooth, or I may just be letting all the excitement catch up to me and I'm finally being a baby about it all :)

First, before our trip even began, Jeff and Aaron Shafer stopped to see us in Cincinnati. As you can see, I'm not too sure what to think of Aaron, but I had fun visiting :)


Then off to Pittsburgh! First big visit was with more of the Shafers at Great Pop-Pop and Great Grandma's House! Lots of people stopped to visit me and it was great fun!





Then we had a day of hanging out at Great Grandma V's while Dad went to Steeler Training Camp (Part of the Corn Roast Weekend events). Somehow when we played pretend I was the baby who was sick and my cousin had to get me back to health. Mom is amazed I didn't cry during this event.
The guys all met up with us for a great tradition of Ambridge Pizza after. I had my first cut, and I must say that now I know what all the talk is about. You have to eat it right there on the curb, so it has a nice crunch. Yummy!!
Then we had an evening with the Niehaus Family. I got to stay with my Niehaus cousins all week, so we had lots of fun every morning and evening getting ready for and winding down from the day's events.
I really liked Great Grandma's dog Toby :) His ears were so soft and fluffy :) And he layed real still while I gave him some love. My doggie loved to play with him too!



And then came the final day-- the Corn Roast!!!! This is a family reunion of my Great-Great Grandma and Grandpa's Family. (I think there may be supposed to be another Great in there, but I lost track). Anyway, it's a lot of people that all call each other Cousins :) It was super fun, except that I was getting a bit tired by this point, so I spent most of it sleeping. I am told the next one I go to, I get to eat some corn and possibly play in the mud pit :)

Here is Josh, my God-Mom's BF, who braved the family and came into town with Aunt Jan. Just wanted to give him a shout out since many in Cincinnati haven't met him yet. He played with me on the swings forever (my favorite thing to do that day besides sleep) so he's approved in my book :)


Here is how I spent most of the afternoon....


Here's the Bocce tourney in action. Aunt Jan was on the first place team, and Dad was on the second place team. You may be thinking there were only two teams, but actually there were 7, so they did pretty well.

No comments: