So my Auntie-Lyssa is now officially able to know all of my dirty little health secrets because she is an offical RHIA or Registered Health Information Administrator! She had to take a hard test and stuff, so I guess I'll trust her :) A few of you may be wondering what exactly it means to be an RHIA, so let me educate you with a little research I did....
- RHIA certification speaks to your successful completion of a rigorous academic program and dedication to a lifetime of professional growth and continuing education in the field of managing health information and have proven your competency for a career in health information management.
- In a recent membership survey, AHIMA found that more than half of the RHIA
respondents were directors, managers, or consultants, with nearly 31 percent serving
as health information management directors.
respondents were directors, managers, or consultants, with nearly 31 percent serving
as health information management directors.
- There are nearly 17,000 RHIA-credentialed individuals working in the healthcare
industry.
industry.


No comments:
Post a Comment