Sunday, November 1, 2009

Trick or Treat!...and Homecoming!

I can promise you that I was the cutest ladybug in town this weekend! You'll have to scroll down to see the pictures though, because I first need to tell you about Homecoming! It was a mighty cold day, but I had fun at my second homecoming parade. I liked the Bearcat the best, and I liked my hat the least. I cried for about a half hour before realizing it was a battle I wasn't going to win. Atleast I tried. Bearcats won the game and I can't wait until next year, when I can show my sister what campus is like!


Cindy and Ernie came into town for the celebration. Many stories to share of course...

Me and my fellow bearcat legacy hung out to watch the parade.

Okay... and now onto halloween! The night before, we carved pumpkins! By we, I mean Dad :) He spent awhile tearing out the insides and making them look scary! I was not a fan of the messy insides, but I did like the end result. You can tell it took awhile because i start with clothes on, and end up running around with a diaper on!


But they did look pretty good in the end! Nice work Dad!



Then came the Trick or Treat part. First, mom baked cupcakes for me, so I could load up on sugar before going out. She said that I couldn't have the candy when I got back, since I had a cupcake, but that turned out to be a lie. She's a pushover. :)


Here's me departing our house....after throwing a small fit about having a hat on. Eventually, I kept the hat on because I was worried about someone taking my candy. But I do not like hats!



Here's me at my first house. Mom and dad were quite impressed because I walked to about 5 houses before needing a rest. I don't think they understand that I'm a very smart girl, and I realized after the first one that this was the easiest way to get candy without them saying "No"!
And here I am taking a break from all the walking to eat some of my candy-- yum!

And finally, I need to give a special thanks to my Aunt Alyssa who made my halloween costume! That's right folks, she made it all by hand...even the hat! Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what an adorable ladybug...GREAT job by Alyssa....the pumpkins look great as well...
I can not beleive how fast litle Lilly is growing up....she is really a very pretty lillte lady....Love,
Nonni:)